Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sugar High


I absolutely love the kitchen. I love cooking. Cooked an elaborate Italian lunch today, by the way. Complete with pasta, garlic bread, salads and two different kinds of cheese. Oh, and dessert. The glory of dessert.

I actually baked a whole batch of cupcakes the night before, seeing as how my Husband had cravings, and since the cupcakes from Cuppacakes won't be ready until Aelyza's party on the 24th. So, I baked! The process tested my patience a little because the cupcakes were taking so long to bake. But, after a little tweak with the temperature, all is good... and so bloomin' worth it.

Real proud of it. Made the icing from scratch. It was snow white and so opaque. Decided to make some with colour. The upside was that it wasn't diabetes-inducing sweet. It was just nice, thanks to the lemon juice. I suppose the acid neutralized the sweetness.

Even then, the whole house is high on sugar. :D

Cupcakes with Rose Pink icing

Cupcakes with White and Egg Yellow icing

Special cupcake with lip-shaped icing by Kanda for Dinda

I definitely had an awesome time baking with Matt. Things are just way better when you do it together, and you really enjoy it as well as each other's company.

Anis

No comments: