Thursday, May 15, 2008

Catch

My husband caught a certain airborne virus that is supposedly caused by the freak weather that we are experiencing today. Tonsil inflammation possibly caused by some food we bought at a not-so-hygienic place. Temperature spiking on-and-off at 38/39°C. I was terrified. My husband hasn't been sick, not even a slight cold, for the past year. So, him being sick was new to me.

Alhamdulillah, two trips to two different doctors and constant sponging down with ice water finally showed improvements, health wise. He's resting a lot, as he should be.

I love my husband so much. Even when he's unwell, he would still get up and help around the house. The dishes. The laundry. The bed. He even washed the bathroom this morning while I was sleeping. When asked why, he'll give me this moment's pause which screams, "Because I love you". After the pause is done, he'll come up with a witty retort that always makes me laugh. My macho man!

When I hang out with my old friends who's never known Matt, they'll always pull me aside at the end of the hour or so and whisper "Great catch". They all say, I'm married to the perfect man. And I am. Alhamdulillah. Unlike other's relationship I've witnessed, both friends' and relatives', I am in a marriage and relationship where Matt and I are a team. Down to the most minuscule detail, like laundry, dishes or washing Curby, we'll always do it together. For that I am thankful to Allah s.w.t. It is such a blessing.

I don't agree that Matt's a good catch, on my part, but on the part of 'us', he is, because when I was crashing from something so destructive, he caught me. And because of that, I am never on cloud nine as people in love would say. I am in love, loved, and grounded. Which serves as a great stability in our relationship and marriage. As for "love" + "cloud nine", I've had first-hand experience. The winds can change and you'll fall. Fast. And hard. I can tell you this, the results are never good, for hearts break upon impact. Therefore, I am thankful to have been "caught" by Matt. And grounded.

Anis

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

I enjoy reading your updates Anis! Keep it up.
Just something i thought you might want to know...

I heard on a radio show given by a doctor on what to do when one has a high fever. Apparently (as opposed to what we usually do), one should not use ice water but tepid water to sponge down a fever. Something about extreme temperatures causing harm and possibility of a higher temperature afterwards.

Tepid water left to evaporate on the skin is supposed to more gently and safely bring down high fever.

Just wanted to share as i was taken by surprise when i heard this, as we all commonly tend to use ice water.

Hope Matt is feeling better. You take care and don't get sick in the meanwhile!

*Hugs*