Friday, May 9, 2008

Reminiscing

In our bedroom, I made a picture wall of Matt and myself (sort-of wall), capturing different moments at different times of our lives. Every night before I sleep or every morning when I rise, I'd always find that picture in front of me. And every time, a picture would catch my attention and I would let my mind reminisce.

One picture jolted a memory I had almost forgotten.

Back when we were at the University, I would always try and stay on campus as long and as late as I can, so that I can be with Matt, before bracing the long and lonely road back to Kota Damansara. I'd drive my trusted blue Kancil we named Curby from wherever my class was and park in the parking space in front of his dormitory/hostel building. We'd buy a hotdog or a sandwich for dinner and we'd sit on Curby's roof, enjoying our unhealthy meals, basking in each other's company. One night, there was a full moon in the sky. And I lost count of how many times I fell in love with Matt that night. Our conversations. Our bond. Our future. That moment, I was floating and full of glee. I was in love.

I still am. And it's all because of you, Husband.

Husband. I love you so dearly. Thank you for the wonderful memories. Thank you for my wonderful everydays. And our tomorrows. InsyaAllah.
Anis

No comments: