Dad and the family are home. Alhamdulillah. So, in the effort of "getting better", I decided to bake. Since my Husband and I just bought an oven earlier in the week, we thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to violate its virginity.
First on the list, Chocolate Chunk Brownies! Did not manage to take a picture of that because sekelip mata everything was gone. That made me proud. Then, rasa macam nak bake lagi so whipped up some dough and made Chocolate Chip cookies.
I loved the smell of the house when I was baking. Reminds me of Raya. Then like in the cartoons, the hand-like smoke of the baking-fragrance creeps under the noses of everyone in the house and draws them to the kitchen. The first two trays of the cookies were gone before the next tray was popped into the oven. The feeling was awesome.
Made the cookies in tiny bitty rounds in the beginning, but tak puas makan since it was so small. So I decided to make them a little bigger. The bake was a success. I loved how it brought everyone together and gave Dad's healing process a headstart. He looks better already, Alhamdulillah. Baking is therapeutic. Or shall I say, the by-product of bake is therapeutic.
Anis
coming back to reality.....
1 week ago







No comments:
Post a Comment