Sunday, May 18, 2008

As is

It's been a week and my Husband is still unwell. Fever is manageable although it sneaks up on us quite frequently late at night. I've stopped giving him the antibiotics and other meds the doctors gave. It seems that my husband is allergic to something and is having a reaction. The insides of his mouth and his lips have some sort of sores. I'm worried. But kita dah usaha, and now we tawakal. Got him Difflam Mouth Gel and Difflam gargle, and boosted up his Vit C with Blackmores, so insyaAllah we'll see what happens.

Despite being sick, my husband is his cheery, energetic self. Loving, most definitely. Aelyza's first birthday was on May 17th. She and her family were in Melaka at the time. Her dad had a company golf tournament. So, the parents plus my Husband and myself decided to go down to them and celebrate. It was grand! She's gotten so big!

Other happenings of the past week(s) include watching a lot of TV and movies. To much scrutiny of material-driven people, I enjoy my time being a housewife. I am not eager to dive into the 'career' world. I am content where I am. As is.

Speaking of 'As is', a lot of women nowadays (at least that's what I see on TV i.e. Cashmere Mafia, Sex and the City) put much emphasis on career. Hey! Whatever floats your boat right?! But what I cannot stand is that they actually feel sorry for married women. Hah! Regardless that some women are miserable in their marriages but to generalize being married as a sorry state is just pitiful.

I am married. And I am happy. My life is better than it was before. I still have the wonderful perks of what my life was (the time to the self, etc) and I have a wonderful man that I am sharing my life with. I love me, my life, As is. And I sure love my husband, As is.

Then there's the married/engaged/with partner women who feel sorry for single women. They'd point to the party of one table where a lone woman sits and enjoys her meal, tutting and whispering how sorry they are for women who are only driven by careers. That's just wrong. I believe that if one can love life 'As is', despite being single or married or divorced or a single mom, and not sigh and feel sorry for themselves and the things they supposedly lack, no one can take that power and will from them. I applaud these people.

Life should be enjoyed 'As is'. Allah s.w.t is great and knows you best. You deserve exactly what you deserve. Be it good or bad, it's always the best for you. So be thankful. As is.

Anis

No comments: