We had a wonderful evening of celebration the eve of my birthday. My husband made a reservation for dinner where I can have my birthday oysters. It's tradition. Every year, since I was 14 or so, we'd have oysters for dinner. Except for that one lousy year...
The celebration was small, but so meaningful. My brother and his family joined us for dinner, which was wonderful. The food was so-so. Nothing to brag about. But the oysters - they were delicious. And cheap. It was a free-flow thing, but we decided to only have a dozen (for the entire table, not me alone).
My sister in law baked a special rose-flavoured sponge cake for the occasion and decorated it with sugar hearts and butter icing. It's lovely. And tasty.
Alhamdulillah. I've been so blessed. Of all the shit I've done in my life (both voluntarily and involuntarily), I guess I must've done something right to be this blessed and this happy. Alhamdulillah.
A heartful thanks goes out to all.
The 23 year old Anis.






1 comment:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ANIS!!! The celebration sounds lovely! Alhamdulillah, for all the happiness and health from God the Almighty. I hope for the best in ur life & marriage :)
Post a Comment