Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Foreshadowing perhaps?

The family (excluding my brother) were back in Kuantan for a night. Hence when Husband and brother were at work, I was alone at home. It gave me a sense of foreshadowing, of sorts.

As I sent off Husband to the car and he drove off to work, I picked up the broom and swept the porch. I scolded the cats for doing their business where they shouldn't but later succumbed to their adorable beings and pampered them with (more) food. Then I started the washing machine and did two loads of laundry. After hanging them to dry, I scurried inside to start on lunch. Husband requested a specific dish so I was working on that and on something I wanted to try for the first time. The dishes were Ayam Kicap (Husband's request) and Gulai Kuning Telur.

I went about my chopping and onion-sweating and blending and tasting whilst all the songs from Maroon 5's "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" album filled the kitchen. When that album was done and I still had to wait for the second dish to cook, I put on Muse's "Black Holes and Revelations" album. Once everything was cooked, I cleared the sink of all the pots and pans I used. Then, I went to take a shower and waited for Husband to come home for lunch.

After getting dressed, I felt this pang of foreshadowing. Could this be what it will be like, feel like once we have our own place? Our own home? One wonders. It feels liberating, somehow. It feels good. Soon, insyaAllah.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Anis

1 comment:

wun said...

You would love having your own place, I'm sure of it. Me and Farid are starting off from ground zero and it feels great (but a little intense at times). Hoping the same for you guys ;)