Alhamdulillah, the Convocation today went superbly well. It was nervewrecking on the way to the University, thinking that this is going to be the end (finally) of the last four academic years of my life. It's a wonderful feeling, yet overwhelming at the same time.I couldn't stop smiling as we approached the stage to receive our mock degrees (actual degrees are to be collected after the ceremony). I kept whooping and cheering as they announced "Bachelor of Human Sciences; English Language and Literature, with Honours". We cheered tremendously for our comrade who was named Valedictorian and for a very pregnant friend, who is determined to graduate despite the swelling belly. I smiled the whole way through. Even more so because I could see my Husband recording the precious moments on the video camera. It makes everything so much better that my parents and Husband were there to share this monumental day with me.
I hope they are proud of me; that I have graduated and that I am on the Rector's List. Alhamdulillah. That was an awesome feeling to read my name amongst such an intelligent list of people on the Rector's List. Definitely a defining moment. Alhamdulillah, Masya Allah.
A congratulatory nod to all of the friends and peers who donned the robe, hood and mortar board to receive that degree which was slaved for for the past four years. If only I could fling the mortar board in the air as a tribute. Unfortunately, the entire outfit needs to be returned by week's end, unscathed.
The proud graduate,
Anis






No comments:
Post a Comment