Saturday, August 16, 2008

Robe(d)

The convocation is around the corner yet it still hasn't set in that this is it - the end of one chapter of my life. Academically, Alhamdulillah, I have been very blessed and I had fun achieving all that has been achieved namely being in the Dean's List for 6 of 8 (full) semesters. It was truly a blessed experience. However, I'm glad that it's over. Next page please...

Today marks the first day of the convocation robe collection week. Much buzz have generated from the University's decision for new robes this time around. Complaints about the new colour and the existence of the mortar board was all I heard. Luckily, I decided not to be a lalang and decided to see the robe before I made any comments. If I hadn't, I would be very much ashamed of myself because I like this new robe.

It is gorgeous.

I don't get the mortar board though. Some defended that they've always wanted to feel that excitement of graduation by flipping the mortar boards into the air as soon as they are declared graduates - like in the movies. Me, myself - I couldn't care much of it at all. Maybe it's because we had the whole nine yards at my high school graduation. The awards, the graduation march, the flying mortar boards... everything. And I actually liked that before this the University's graduands had a distinct look in terms of attire. The tudung with the University's monogram (or was it an embroidery of the University's logo?) and the songkok. Beautiful. It will be missed.

The parents are home and gearing up for the convocation. When I came home with husband earlier today with robe in hand, my mother teared up. It was very touching. I wonder what she will be like on the convocation day itself? Or when they announce my name? Kodak moments I will surely treasure.

InsyaAllah come convocation day, both parents and Husband will be in attendance. Since the invitation is for two (2) guests only (drats!), Husband will be witnessing the event via live feed outside of the hall. Either way, I'm glad that they will be there, InsyaAllah.

I cannot wait. I am excited, although I'm sure, physically, you won't be able to see it.

Anis.

No comments: