Friday, November 14, 2008

Tukar angin

Husband's exams ended. His first as a postgraduate student. Very proud of him. After a crazy semester, and the ups-and-downs of the year, he needs a break. We need a break.

Kebetulan, my parents came home for 4 days. Dad needed the break. And they missed their granddaugther. So they came back to KL and proposed that all of us go back with them to the Island. We were more than happy to agree.

Come traveling day, I was nervous. I'm still very early in my pregnancy. I'm not sure whether traveling would be good for myself and the baby. Tapi kita tawakkal. I really need to be with the family. In KL, everything is so crazy. I braced the self for the trip.

Arrival, Jakarta. Oh, this time around, the trip was lovely. The hotel was fantastic. The room was gorgeous. Le Meridien, Jakarta. My favourite hotel in Jakarta so far. We've tried a few and this is by far the best. Dinner was amazing. Had vegetable and prawn tenpura at the hotel's Japanese restaurant. I haven't had an appetite like that since getting pregnant. Mom said sebab tukar angin. Naik selera. Good la. I was getting worried that the baby might not get enough nutrients.

The next morning before breakfast, I soaked the self in the HUGE tub in our bathroom. Heaven! The water was the right temperature. And the bath salts were the therapeutic scents of Lime and Basil. Mind, body, soul and baby were so relaxed.

Breakfast buffet was AWESOME. I attacked one thing and one thing only; Waffles! Husband had a blast at the buffet line. He tried everything. Naik selera tengok dia makan. :D

Now we're on the Island. Very, very happy! Sunrise every morning as we open the pateo doors, looking out to the sea. Good food. Great company. Happy. Blessed. Loved.

Anis

1 comment:

Faridatul Bariza Binti Md Nasir said...

Good for you selera naik..makan banyak2 ye..utk baby jua..hehe..bestnye pi bercuti..aku berpantang je la kat umah ni..huhue