Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pain relief

I have been reading up on pain killers during labour. I want to know what my choices are. I have doubts, though. Most of the pain killers leave an effect, sometimes on the baby as well. I don't want the baby to come out all doped out. And I don't want to be so numb that I cannot even feel the pressure or the strength I need to push my baby.

Epidural is out of the question. 1) It increases the chances of an emergency C-section and 2) It's through the spine. I've experienced lumbar puncture as a child and no way any needle will go anywhere near my spine again.

My brother says "Eleh, sekarang boleh la action. Buat nya contractions sakit teruk, you'll be begging for it". To that, I have this to say, "No uterus, no opinion!" :D

True, I might not handle pain as well as I would like. However, it doesn't hurt to try. I'm thinking long term. For myself and the baby. No one knows how each person and baby will react to the drugs. And I would gladly endure the pain, with Allah s.w.t.'s help, to make sure our baby is safe and drug-free.

True, I can say all this now. We still have so many months ahead. I still have a lot of questions. We'll see...

Managed to shop for some baby stuff today. Got one playsuit (with Nursery Rhyme characters on them), a hooded towel (Husband's choice) and a newborn wrap. Saw some hooded blankets. InsyaAllah will buy them next time we go out. Don't want to spend so much at one go.

Anis

No comments: