
In the year 1992, I started school. Standard 1. My parents enrolled me in one of KL's prestigious (back then, I suppose) private schools. Sekolah Sri Inai. Back then, there was a waiting list to get into the school. I was on the waiting list. My brother enrolled in the secondary school. He passed the admissions test. The school gave priority to siblings. So since he got in, I was bumped straight up the waiting list and in the school.
And in Sri Inai I remained for 11 years. Every year growing up with people I now call family. After UPSR, we went from Junior school to Senior school. Best years of my life. I learnt alot in school. And not the knowledge from books. But about life. Friends. Love. Betrayals. Loyalty.
Sri Inai was my home for 11 years. And now, it's closing down. Sri Inai closing down. It's been 6 years since I've graduated from the school but it still saddens me to hear the news. Every nook and cranny of that school holds a memory. I look at something on the grounds or so and it triggers a memory; good ones and bad ones. Things that make the me today.
I'm very sorry to hear about the school closing down. InsyaAllah ada hikmah dia. One thing is for sure, Inaians at heart we'll always be.
A very proud Inaian,
Anis






No comments:
Post a Comment