Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Cannots

7 weeks into the pregnancy (Alhamdulillah) and I'm struck with fever. Sore throat possibly caused by the festive season (makan macam-macam at one time) has left me fighting a slight fever. Now the sniffles is making its presence known. We went to go see our family doctor to get the mildest of prescriptions because we don't want our little embryo's food source to be tainted with unnecessary drugs.

We learnt quite a few things during this early stages of pregnancy. Mainly that I will be very much out of it, in terms of morning sickness, just right after Subuh prayers. Other "cannot"s largely involve food.

I cannot eat my normal portion of meals in one sitting, or else everything would come rushing back out. i.e. I can no longer eat two pieces of toast for breakfast. Just one, maybe just half.

I cannot eat McDonald's. Or smell any of the burgers. Fries, on the other hand, is fine.

I cannot eat chicken. I realised that my taste buds have rejected the taste of chicken and the throat refuses to swallow even a morsel of poultry.

I cannot smell frying food. The kitchen, when someone is cooking, is off limits.

I can no longer stomach Snapple®. :(

I cannot feed the cats. I go near the cats and someone will be screaming (or according to Husband, lovingly calling out with extreme loudness) at me to come back inside the house.

I cannot do laundry, or at least I cannot carry our laundry basket, even if there are only two or three items of clothing in it.

Looking forward to finding out more of our "Cannot"s.

Anis

4 comments:

Faridatul Bariza Binti Md Nasir said...

kesian kat kau..tp betul la early stages memang kene sgt2 behati2 after die dah lekat tue ok la you can do la benda2 like carry brg but not too heavy stuffs la kn and your appetite pon makin bertambah..awal2 ni sabar jer la ye..aku pon dulu slalu jer kene jerit, itu xboleh, ini xboleh..ha macam2 la..hehe..sabar ye..

The Hopeless Homemaker said...

Hi Lisa and Matt,

I'm not sure whether you still remember me but I just wanna congrats both you.

Take care and looking forward to meet Lil Lisa and Matt next yr!

*wink*

ainfazrin said...

kesian you anis. i can imagine how loud Matt's voice when he screams. hahhhahaa.

banyak2 sabar k. keep ur mind focused that u have to be very careful for the time being.

darl, masa ni lah nak jadi princess. second time around after u gave birth nnt. semua orang will attend to u. ;) ah, lovely, isnt it? just see it that way. hikhik.

wun said...

matt scream guna suara perut...that should be theatrical..haha.