People usually have this to say about their loved ones: When I count my blessings, I count you twice. I never really understood that. Why would anyone count blessings? Is it even countable? I suppose it's their way of saying that they feel blessed that their loved ones are theirs.
Like my Husband. He's a blessing. A wonderful blessing. He saved me from my own moral and spiritual destruction. Never really was an angel. Felt very distant in terms of religion - like, you know you're not suppose to do something but you do it anyway because you "tak yakin" that one day you will be resurrected and all dues will be payed. I admit I was one of those people that think, "Oh, I can repent tomorrow or when I'm older. Works for some people." But with Husband, everything changed.
I tawakkal more. I believe more. I love more.
And Husband is a blessing in terms of - well, everything. Breakfast in the mornings are taken care of. Laundry, check. Dishes, check. Loving me, check. I am still recovering my strength after a somewhat gruesome 2 1/2 weeks. And everything is taken care of.
Husband takes good care of me. I feel down sometimes because I'm the only one I know who goes through a very turbulent first trimester. My mother and sister in-law don't even know what to tell me concerning remedies for nausea and the excessive vomiting because they never went through it. They breezed through their pregnancies. But Husband reassures me that everything is okay, and that we're doing great. It may seem trivial, but that really helped me get through everything.
I started writing this with so many things to say. But everything escapes me now. I'm just drenching myself in the blessing that is you, Husband. All in all, I'm only left with this to say:
Husband, you are a wondrous blessing. I am truly blessed to be with you. And that you're mine to count.
Yours
coming back to reality.....
1 week ago






No comments:
Post a Comment