Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Babyproofing

Everytime I walk around in a babystore or (my favourite) Babies R Us, I glance through the babyproofing section. Some of the stuff are so weirdly form, I often say "what on God's green earth is this?". Canggih. And expensive.

I used to think those stuff for babyproofing the home is just a marketing ploy of selling things you didn't need. I was very, very wrong. And ignorant.

I thought, "Ala, orang dulu-dulu takda pun benda ni semua, ok je anak-anak." But I forget that my brother and I bear scars now (maybe) because of that lack of babyproofing the house. And my Husband. I can only imagine the horror his mother felt when he leapt out of the second-floor balcony and landed flat on his butt, claiming "Tom & Jerry can do it?!".

Once my niece learnt how to crawl, everything became hazardous. Especially wall plugs and corners of furnitures. Now that she can run around, it only made the house a place that welcomes injury. And she loves to play with everything but her toys. Now I see the importance of the (sometimes) over priced babyproofing items. We'll definitely do our best to babyproof our room, at least.

On another note, Husband and I have made a decision on what crib toy to get for our baby, InsyaAllah. Fisher Price® Rainforest™ trumps Ocean Wonders™. The former is more appealing. But we've decided to buy only what we need now. One item a month. One important item a month, that is. Although I have absolutely no idea what is important to get first. Help!

And we sure know how to obsess. We're currently obsessing over an IKEA wall lamp that would be perfect for the nursery. However, the item is temporarily out of stock. Darn it!

I contemplated going to the doctor to get some prescription drugs that could help suppress the the nausea and the vomiting. I've been vomiting constantly and I fear that I might be dehydrated. Scary. But some friends who are mothers gave some really helpful tips that I can't wait to try out. Drugs would be our last resort.

Anis

1 comment:

shahira kader said...

hey u both, congratz!! im so happy for u both..InsyaAllah, everything with His grace will be fine.