Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lazy Days

This weekend has been so laid back. Just hanging out at the house. Late nights with Husband. Early mornings with Husband but staying in bed to just talk and goof around. It's really relaxing.

InsyaAllah, end of the month, classes will begin for my Husband. I can tell he's excited but he says he's nervous. Fears that he won't perform well. InsyaAllah, everything will be great. He's got the drive. I'm sure that will help a lot.

We have quite a number of weddings to look forward to. This coming week, we have a friend's and a cousin's. Friend's is the reception. We already went to the kenduri akad nikah last December. So nice of them to invite us the second time around. Cousin's wedding reception in KL should be a big one. She married a celebrity, of sorts. The vocalist of Gerhana Ska Cinta. Should have big names at the wedding. That's why we malas abit nak pergi. But this is family. And she came to our wedding.

Next big wedding is another cousin's wedding. In July. Relatives from the States are coming home for this wedding. One big gamily gathering. Some have asked me if I felt that this wedding overshadows my own wedding earlier this year. Sheesh. Of course not. I don't believe people get married for big, attention-grabbing weddings. I, for one, got married for a marriage.

So, no. I don't think my wedding is/was overshadowed. It remains my wedding day. Our wedding day.

Father's Day. What a wonderful day. It scared us all when we thought we could've lost our father last April. We've always appreciated him. No doubt. It just made us appreciate him more. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

Ariff Nasir.
The proud son of the late Abdul Rahman Talib & Hjh Rahmah.
The loving husband of Razimah.
The wonderful father of Reza & Haziani, Ezamir & Anis.
The dotting grandfather of Aelyza Aina Nasuha.
A loyal servant and caliph of Allah s.w.t

"Any fool can be a Father; but it takes a real man to be a Daddy"
Philip Whitmore Sr.

"[My father] didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it"

Anis

No comments: