Monday, April 28, 2008

Breaking from Tradition

Monday. April 28th. The day Semester III 2007/2008 begins at the University. Yet I am at home. I'm not running around looking for classes. I'm not running around chasing the signatures of certain lecturers for the manual method of adding a course. I am... at home.

It is the weirdest feeling. I feel very much inclined to do all those things I've mentioned because that is what I have been doing for the past four years, every single semester. And now that that cycle has come to a close, I really don't know what to do. Or how to feel.

I keep imagining my acquaintances busying themselves with campus life, and dare I say, how simple life used to be. Once when I was still living that campus life, I often drifted into one of my daydreams where I pictured myself being comfortably snug at home while these poor students do their running around. I'd be satisfied at home, I used to think.

And yet...

Now that I am snug at home and not running around campus, I feel uncomfortable. I feel incomplete, and definitely out of place.

I envy those still running around...

Anis

No comments: