Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Project

I was very driven to get the iron-on patchwork alphabets for Baby Ours' blanket.
It was the only thing I could think about.
One of those "mengidam" feelings.
I thought, since it's so difficult to get the embroidery done and we had no clue where to get the patches, cross-stitching would be a nice alternative.

Friday morning, whilst lazing about in the living room with Husband, I told Mother I would like to try my hand at cross-stitch.
She said there was a cross-stitch kit lying around somewhere.
She bought it for the niece, originally.
But my sister in-law didn't get around to doing it.
Now, niece is 2. And no one has claimed the kit.

And so I did.
Cross-stitched Baby Ours' name in different colours.
Made simple borders.
Cut it out.
And sewed it to the blanket.
Success!
Very proud.
And the satisfaction - beyond words.

Over the weekend I became the epitome of a pregnant woman.
The rocking chair.
The needlework.
The humming.
The silly, ecstatic smile. :D

On a different note, we haven't revealed Baby Ours' name.
We want it to be an unveiling when he's born, insyaAllah.
We are very serious and possessive about this.

Those who might give us grieve for not "sharing" enough, please understand:
This is our prerogative. Deal with it.

Those who know the name, please don't go around revealing it for us.
Only a handful of the dear ones know. Please respect our decision.
You can have your thunder when it's your child.

Thank you.

Anis

No comments: