From the beginning of the pregnancy, the pampering has escalated (I am not complaining :D).
The water retention in the feet has gotten worse, hence walking a lot is painful.
Husband would always insist on a wheelchair every time we're in a huge mall that requires a lot of walking from one store to another (Although I tend to just walk around if I feel up for it).
So yesterday, when several passing strangers made a comment (whilst Husband was pushing the wheelcahir) about how lucky I am to have a Husband who loves me and takes care of me, it got me thinking:
- Why the need for such comments?
- Aren't all Husbands suppose to do all the things my Husband does?
- Don't their Husbands do that?
- Lucky to have a Husband who loves me? *Why, yor Hasben no laf you izit? No laf, no call Hasben wor.*
Reasons behind these comments:
- Husband helps with laundry.
- Husband does dishes.
- Husband pours water (lots and lots of water) for me every time he sees that my glass is empty, or almost.
- Husband listens to my opinions and actually cares about what I think/how I feel.
Suami aku tolong buat kerja rumah.
Dia tidak bermentaliti yang kerja org lelaki ni carik duit je.
Dia suka masak sama-sama.
Dia suka tolong basuh pinggan.
Dia tak bagi aku sidai kain sebab masa pregnant 5 bulan aku pernah jatuh kat longkang (the foot miss stepped the gutter), so kalau dia ada some time sebelum pergi kerja, dia sidaikan kain.
*menung*
Tolong bagi tau aku part mana yang boleh menjana komen-komen yang aku "Queen control" Suami aku?
Curiouser and curiouser.
Anis






4 comments:
Ignore them. It's common knowledge that very, very few Malay husbands willingly and consistently help their wives with the house chores and whatnot before degenerating into grumbling and complaints about unfairness. Hence the pussy-whipped stereotype.
All you need really is just love.
Too true, Yanna dear. Couldn't agree more.
And yes, all we need is really just love.
:D
hullo parents to be!
u must be damn eksaited.
with regards to ur blogpost, i think u are an EXTREMELY lucky woman!
and i seriously believe all those comments are because they envy u ;)
*pedulilaaah aper org lain nak kata*
Thanks Maryam.
Alhamdulillah MasyaAllah.
Am very blessed.
:D
Post a Comment