There was a time when I was a teenager, when my friends and I would walk to a New-Year's-Eve-celebrating spot. We'd be there by 6pm and wait for the fireworks at midnight. Along the way, we witness so many things. Rempit helmet fights. Drunken people trying to walk straight. Friends finding love. All in 6 hours or so.
As I got older, I lost interest in the celebrating-New-Year's-Eve rituals. Our old apartment had a nice view of the fireworks from KL city and slightly of those from Genting. And after we've moved, I just watched it on TV. Saves me the hassle and the traffic.
I was in the hospital when the world ushered in 2007. Urinary-track infection.
I was busy planning my wedding and going through all the drama that came with it when the world welcomed 2008.
Fireworks at midnight a few days back signalled the arrival of 2009. I was already in bed, oblivious to the booms and oohs and aahs of "Hello 2009" fireworks.
And yet, I don't feel left out because I was not one with the crowd celebrating 2009.
I was in bed, with my Husband. And the baby kicked...
The most awesome wringing in of the New Year I have ever experienced.
:D
Anis/Bonda
coming back to reality.....
1 week ago






No comments:
Post a Comment