Friday, September 26, 2008

Our First Trimester

Alhamdulillah. Things have been good since we found out that we're pregnant. Now Husband resorts to not only kissing my forehead after solat but also the belly, saying hello to the baby.

Since we found out earlier this week, not much has changed. I sometimes forget that I'm pregnant and would go about doing my normal chores, lifting heavy stuff. There's a lot to get use to.

No morning sickness, Alhamdulillah. I do get killer headaches though. One's that prohibit me from moving or lying down, or do anything for that fact. Since we'd like our baby to be drug free, I endure it. I force myself to sleep so that the pain would go away.

I've missed two days of puasa since we found out we're pregnant. Maybe it's psychological but I feel extremely weak. And the first wave of cravings hit me today. I have this dire craving for sirap. The red, cold, sinfully sweet, sirap. I think it's a craving because that's all I can think of. The sirap. I taste it in my mouth. It's like, I NEED it.

Going shopping for baby books after Raya, insyaAllah. Would like to find some books pertaining to Malay/Asian/Muslim women. The other books in the boo store are all from either USA or UK. I know we're all human and to an extent, the same. But our diets and practices differ. So, I might not be able to relate to those books as much as I would a book by/on Malays/Asians/Muslims.

Everything's so new. :D Alhamdulillah.

Anis

3 comments:

Tini Rahim said...

babe, i'm truly very happy for you and matt, i actually cried reading this post. huhuhuhuh~~

oh sweet God, Matt is going to be a father! I just met him yesterday in IIUM matrix, he was only 18 and now he's gonna be a father??

Dearests said...

what can we say? years are like sands. you don't pay enough attention to them, you don't see them fly past you. Doesn't stop them from getting in your eye though. Thanks for being the sand in our eyes. Makes us feel not so nice, in the eyes I mean...;) It means a lot to us.

Matt.

Tini dear. Thank you so much. We're very excited. InsyaAllah nanti our kids can jadi teman main. :D

Anis

diana ghazali said...

me: I smile when i read this :)