The problem with going to the bookstore to get the books on my "Want-to-read" list is that I will always find titles to add on that list while browsing for the books I was there to get. So now, I have a longer list than when I started. Bought three of the many books yesterday and I managed to pre-order the new J.K. Rowling book. I finished one of three books in a single night. I had to muster all the will power I could to not purchase anymore books when Husband and I went to the bookstore again today.
Must. Be. Strong.
Must. Finish. Books. Bought. Yesterday. First.
The book I finished in a night is Snicket's "Horseradish; Bitter truths you can't avoid". The book made me laugh and it made me think. I love books that provoke imagination and thought. One of the passages in the book (some carefully selected from The Series of Unfortunate Events) caught my attention and it made me think of the wedding-preparation days:
"Just because something is traditional is no reason to do it, of course. Piracy, for example, is a tradition that has been carried on for hundreds of years, but that doesn't mean we should all attack ships and steal their gold."
Too true. Too true. Those in the midst of wedding preparations or will be soon or in the future, when "orang tua-tua" fuss about the unnecessary (and often times, clashing with Islamic values) adat, throw this quote against their stubborn, blue-haired heads!
Thank you, Lemony Snicket.
Anis
coming back to reality.....
1 week ago






2 comments:
owh yea..soo true..all the adat sume mmg leceh la..nnti ko dah pregnant lagi la byk btl pantang larangnye..huu..sabo jer la..dah bersalin nnti xtau la kan..double agknye..heh
Tu la. Sabar je la bebanyak kan?! Yang penting you, Wan and baby happy and healthy. Take care.
Post a Comment