Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To health

Trying to get pregnant is fun. You have so many things to look forward to. We're already foreseeing how we're going to re-arrange our room to make way for the baby cot, changing station and the baby's drawer for all his/her tiny clothes.

But...

First, I must be healthy. As of right now, I haven't been eating right. Been stuffing the self with whatever junk that comes my way and at the wrong times. Lately, we actually eat rice at night. That's a no-no. At least for me. I feel very heavy once I eat rice for dinner. However, rice for dinner around 6pm-ish is just nice.

I really don't want to be Kate Moss skinny. I'd like to be healthy and probably have the body of Scarlett Johanson's proportions. I like being busty. People pay a lot of money for a C cup. I'm born with it.

I was reading on Body Mass Index (BMI) today and my curiosity got the better of me. I started calculating my own BMI. For a person of my height, the normal, healthy range of BMI is between 18.5 and 25. I am a whopping 27.5 and that is NOT good. Reality check! I am overweight. That's not healthy.

I want to be healthy for myself, my husband and future babies (InsyaAllah). So, I have to discipline myself. Here's to a new regime. Although I still don't see myself jogging. Haiya, so lazy la. But, as far as the food consumption it concerned, it can be done insyaAllah.

Again, here's to the new regime.

Anis

4 comments:

Tini Rahim said...

hye dear...

i am advised by my gynae to try getting pregnant too and she advised me one method; which is to perform intercourse alternately on your fertile days. here is a site i found to calculate our fertile days. i'm not sure about the accuracy, but it worths a try. good luck. love you :)

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/pregnancyplanner/index.html

Dearests said...

Thank you sweetie.

All the best with getting pregnant. If you want an alternative Ovulation Calendar, try www.americanpregnancy.org

Loves,
Anis

Jana said...

ovulation is a process when an egg is released from the ovary. (check ur calender)

once released, the egg should be fertilized fast by the sperm. (fertilization can occur within few hours upto 6 days)

the fertilized egg will take a few days to travel thru fallopian tube to the lining of the uterus. that is where implantation usually takes place. (important to take care during this process)

so i'd recommend u to test ur ovulation with a testkit. once ovulation is positive, start working harder fast.

take care of ur body & health. dont forget to eat enough protein & vitamins to help build up da active hormones too.

have fun! :D cant wait for the babies!!

Dearests said...

Thank you Jana. We'll definitely stock up on protein and vitamins. :D