Before the bliss that is the Soulmate, many go through a string of relationships. Like most, so did I. Sometimes it's as though you take hit after hit. Sometimes it feels like the relationship is a downward spiral but you're too 'comfortable' to do anything about it. And then there are times when you know you should walk out the door because the relationship is just not what it is anymore but you still stay believing that he/she can change (but deep down you know it'll never happen).
We were watching The Holiday, my Husband and I, and then Kate Winslet's character Iris, summed up our past relationship ordeals with this quote;
Iris: Because you're hoping you're wrong. And every time she does something that tells you she's no good, you ignore it. And every time she comes through and surprises you, she wins you over, and you lose that argument with yourself, that she's not for you.
And then, I was listening to Alicia Keys' "Lesson Learned" (feat. John Mayer);
You give it one more chance, Just like the time before,
But he already know you'll give a hundred more,
Until that night in bed you wake up in a sweat,
You're racing to the door,
Can't take it anymore.
The lyrics made me think if the writer(s) of The Holiday and Alicia Keys may have dated the same asshole. :D Sorry, bad joke. But in all seriousness, it affected us. And we later talked of things passed and how we learnt from/dealt with it.
Doesn't matter who. Doesn't matter when. All that matters is they're lessons learnt.
Yes, I was burned but I call it a lesson learned,
Anis
coming back to reality.....
1 week ago






No comments:
Post a Comment