Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm fine, Thanks

Some acquaintances have voiced their disbelief of being a young wife. 'Young' in context here is possibly between 20-25 years old. They claim that people of the said age group are not mature enough to handle such a long-term commitment.

They also say the people from the said age group are missing out on the best things in life i.e. freedom to do what they want to do. This age group is also missing out on meeting new and possibly more exciting people than the ones they already know.

Basically, they are saying that people who marry young are missing out on getting intimate with different partners (not necessarily sexual) and going to parties that drag on to next Saturday.

If an argument comes up about the partying lifestyle will leave you lonely when the partying scene is less accommodating to a 47 year-old, they'll counter by saying "We'll always have our friends. Our friends are our soulmates. Not another man/woman."

Whatever floats your boat, friend.

I am 23 (will be next week, insyaAllah). I am married. And I'm fine, thanks.

I'm not one to say anything about "missing out". I feel that no one is missing out on anything if they are living the life they chose. When it's your choice for your life to be one way, how can you be missing out on something else e.g. the 'other' way that life should be lived (according to 'other people')? It's your choice.

This is mine.

Anis.

No comments: