Monday, July 7, 2008

KL

Things have been less hectic this past week. The week both my parents were here, we were out almost everyday. There was always something to do. Although we still have here and there to run to almost on a daily basis, we managed to stay in last Thursday. It was relaxing.

We went shopping for some baby stuff for the cousin living in Kota Bharu. Pregnancy and bedrest do not go together. Poor thing. So, we went shopping for the stuff that she wanted. A cool 'thing' called Littlepods. Amazing what the people from the baby industry come up with. It's not just a sling. It's also the mommy's accessory. Fashion it up.

The sister in law's birthday was this past weekend. Had some amazing seafood. It's a place in KL city famous (or infamous) for its Shark's Fin Soup. I forbade anyone at the table to order it. "When the buying stops, the killing can too" is sound advice. And I'm sticking to it. We used to go there when I was younger. But then the place slacked off for a while but business has since picked up after 'Eye on Malaysia' was built. (Here's a thought. Why did they name it "Eye on Malaysia" when you can only see Kuala Lumpur. Shouldn't it be "KL Eye" or "Eye on KL"? They should fire their copy-writers or whoever came up with the name. Unless there's a valid explanation or meaning that we're not getting.)

KL Lights - Petronas Twin Towers (left), Eye on Malaysia, a tiny image of KL Tower and Istana Budaya.
Photo taken from across the lake at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa
5th July 2008

KL city is beautiful. Minus the idiotic political unrest or stance that has been rumbling about these past few weeks, I love Malaysia. It's beautiful. Especially the KL lights. People always yearn to see the Eiffel Tower or Venice during the Carnivale. Me. I'm happy with the lights of KL. At least here, I'm not the alien. I'm Malaysian. And it's breathtaking. However, given the chance to travel to France or Italy or anywhere else, I wouldn't pass it up. :P

Anis

No comments: