Friday, February 6, 2009

Limited Colours

You see it everywhere.
Illustrations of stalks carrying a blanket bundle of joy.
The blanket is always either pink or blue.

Everything in baby stores nowadays are all either pink, blue or white.
It is frustrating.
And very, very annoying.

Why can't there be more greens and browns and yellows and every other colour other than pink and/or blue.

White isn't so bad. I love buying white playsuits and sleepsuits. But pink and blue? *rolls eyes*

Babies shouldn't be colour-coded.
Baby girls shouldn't have to wear only pink (or purple for that matter).
Baby boys shouldn't have to be stuck with only shades of blue.

I repeat.
Babies. Should. Not. Be. Colour. Coded.

*exhales dramatically*

Anis

3 comments:

skpnaru said...

Hi Anis,
how are you, Matt and the little hero doing? Hope everything is according to plan, InsyAllah..

I have to agree with you on this. I mean, if pink is meant for baby girl and blue is for baby boy then is green for baby alien?

Again, I think babies should wear any color black, orange, brown, gray etc

;-D

Unknown said...

note to self: ignore everything blue when shopping for the baby. ;)

Dearests said...

Sri: Hi Sri. Alhamdulillah, we're all ok. :D

Farah: Hahahahahhaahaha. ;)