Monday, February 23, 2009

Sweet Blood?

I am 6 days shy of the 7th month of the pregnancy.
Since November, I've put on 10kgs.
Not bad when compared to the other women in my family.
Mother, when pregnant with me, put on 22kgs by the 9th month.

Doctor is slightly concerned about the weight gain.
Would want to be sure there's no pregnancy diabetes involved.
Checked Baby Ours.
Alhamdulillah, his growth is aligned with age/number of weeks pregnant,
therefore no signs of any diabetes.
Checked Bonda's wee-wee for excessive glucose.
Alhamdulillah, negative.

Since doctor still wanted to be sure, I had to go for a Glucose-tolerance blood test.
Fast from 10pm the night before, do the blood test at 10am the next morning.
Drink a carbonated glucose drink, that must be gulped within 15 minutes.
No food or drinks for the next two hours.
Exactly two hours after first blood test, do another blood test.

Both pits-of-elbow (is there such a term?) are accessorized with fancy plasters.

InsyaAllah all will be fine.
Will know results in a week.

I find comfort that when I rub my belly,
and there's pressure from underneath the skin where my hand is resting.
I feel that our son (insyaAllah) and I are holding hands.
:D
*Baby Ours kicked Ayahanda's face whilst Ayahanda was tickling the tummy with his mustache.
:D
Aah... the men in my life.

Husband and I have so much to be thankful for.
All to Allah s.w.t.
Alhamdulillah.

Anis

1 comment:

Sokat said...

gyle kewl!

eyh nnt jgn lupe to save the blood from the cord..

=biological insurance!!