Friday, October 2, 2009

21 Gun Salute to the Two Cents

  • TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras disgust me. As a mother, I'm not here to judge. But I can't help but feel compelled to call social services when you don your 4 year old in scantily clad clothes and ask her to prance before judges to evaluate her "beauty" all for the sake of a cheap, plastic trophy with ribbons and sparkles.
  • Just because I watch The Ellen DeGeneres Show and am a fan of Neil Patrick Harris, doesn't mean I "love" the gay people or the whole idea of homosexuality. Having said that, I'm not homophobic either. Three words: I'm a Muslim.
  • I love Supernatural. The first few seasons that is, when everything was Ghouls and Ghosts and Urban Legends. But the angels and demons take really threw me off. Funny how the show's creators see angels/demons/Lucifer. A big chunk of season 4 is blasphemy. I know shows are there to entertain and for the most part, I was entertained. But "The Winchester Gospel"? Prophet Chuck? Really? I love the show but I'm also glad this season 5 is their last season. Hate to see them get axed when they suck. I finally know why people quit while they're on top.
  • Just because you already have 2 or 3 kids, does not mean you know a whole lot about parenting OUR child. I do not appreciate our parenting skills being scrutinized just because our son doesn't "function" as yours did. So what if it's a little difficult to put him down when he's asleep? So what we don't take him out at night? Need we remind you that children's personalities vary as well, just like you and me. One child may like one thing/act one way. Doesn't guarantee ours will as well.
Anis

No comments: