Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ceasarean

I'm aware that some women opt for Ceasarean section instead of natural birth.
Note: I'm not one of them.

I did not ask to have a fever of 39.1 degrees during labour that caused baby's heart rate to escalate dangerously.
I did not plan to dilate up to only 3cm despite good (and painful) contractions for 18 hours or so.
In preparation for the operation, I definitely did not want a catheter to be shoved into any part of me.
I did not want to have to go for an operation where the anesthesiologist pumped burning fluids to put me under.
I did not want to be cut open.
I did not want my Son to be yanked out of the womb, into the world but will only be able to see him, hold him, feed him 24 hours later.
I did not want to be alone, without Husband.

So, before you ask - with much negative judgment, as to why I gave birth via C-section and not try the "natural" way, try and hold your tongue and mind your own business.
Your tone and assumptions are offensive.

But I know what happened, happened because it was the best for me.
Allah s.w.t. knows best.
Ada hikmahnya.
Aku redha.

Anis

3 comments:

Tini Rahim said...

no matter how the baby was brought into this world; natural or c-section, it didnt matter babe. there's no such hukum saying there's only one proper method of how babies should be delivered. who's to say that other methods should be frowned upon? you have had your share of ujian, and you did your part of ikhtiar to ensure Faris arrived safely. those are what counts. we're all proud of you :)

Dearests said...

Thank you Tini.
Such wonderful words of encouragement. *hugs*

ffincher said...

i was a C-baby too! i believed it saved my mom's life. i'm happy i'd get to see you again, and faris, someday :)