Sunday, June 17, 2012

Project: Sheets and Things

So back in 2010, I made this project with the couch.
Then recently, we had to give the couch away because it was hazardous to an active and bouncy toddler.
The fabric that I used for the couch was washed and stored away.
I didn't want it to go to waste because it's so pretty.
From IKEA.

Hence, I launched another project.
Project: Sheets and Things.

Borrowed the sewing machine from my sister in law.
And made a cot fitted sheet.
Like so:



There are some imperfections, though, but I'm extremely happy with this first attempted.
It fitted perfectly on the mattress.
And you can see all the characters printed on the fabric.

Then I ventured on to sew bolster cases.
The size of these bolsters, the cases are hard to come by.
The only place I know that sells this size is Safe n' Sound.
Sometimes, the choices are limited.



And along with the bolsters, I sewed a toddler pillow case,
because I wanted something to match the bolsters and
I had extra fabric. :)

Overall, Alhamdulillah, Project: Sheets and Things was a success.
Hope Baby Adek will love it. 

No comments: