Thursday, May 17, 2012

Third Celebration

On May 12th, we celebrated Faris's birthday.
The preparations were fun.

I made our own gift bags with the excessive yellow paper we had lying around.
That was therapeutic.


We filled the bags with goodies, although we had a "no sweets and chocolates" rule.
So we went with cereal, cheddar biscuits, raisins and added a pack of stickers.

Then, Faris and I had our art time sessions, making the birthday party decorations.
Husband and I agreed that this year, we'd have an Underwater theme.
So we made fishes, octopuses, turtles- our of paper plates.
That, too, was therapeutic.

And we got to do it together with Faris.
Quality time.


To coincide with the Underwater theme, Husband had the idea of setting up a "pool".
The portable pool we bought for Faris, turned into a makeshift ballpit.
Needless to say, Faris and the children had a lot of fun in it. :)

Husband requested Red Velvet cake.
How can I ever say no? :)
I baked the cake the night before and put on the icing just before the party started.
It turned out well, if I may say so myself.



Alhamdulillah, the turn out was great.
Family. Old friends from school and from UIA.

It was nice to get to share the day with them.

Happy Birthday again, dear darling boy.

No comments: