Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Handling Two

I am surprised that I am handling being a mother of two much better than how I handled being a new mom.
I suppose the key word then was "new".

But handling two, a 3 month old and a 3 year old, has been... interesting, for the lack of a better word.

I try to spend as much time with Faris, him being the elder child who needs more of my attention in that sense.
So when I can, I still build block towers with him, draw, spell words with his magnetic alphabets, watch Team Umizoomi or just throw a ball back and forth.

Faruq has developed a liking to be rocked to sleep in the arms before I can put him down in his cot,
which means I have limited time to do everything-
time that I miraculously am able to divide between spending time with Faris and house chores.

My mornings are fast-paced that, by 10:30am, I feel winded.
When the boys wake up, I make breakfast for Faris,
Bathe Faruq,
nurse him,
Then bathe Faris,
watch some cartoons with him,
nurse Faruq again and put him down for a nap.
I get about 15 minutes to myself before I have to start on lunch before Faruq wakes up.
Move on to laundry,
Feed Faris lunch.
All of Faruq's diaper changes in between.
Nurse Faruq again.
And put both both boys down for a nap by 3pm.

3 to 5pm is my quiet window.
Most of the time, I forget whether I've: 1. eaten, 2. showered, or 3. solat.

I don't nap in the day. My body just won't let me sleep. I have no idea why.

When Husband comes home from work, he tries to relieve me of as much chores as possible.
Only Allah s.w.t. can ever repay him for his kindness and sacrifices.

By the time everyone is asleep at night, this is the dance I do:

[x]


Another great day comes to a close, Alhamdulillah.
Another grand day ahead tomorrow, insyaAllah.


1 comment: