Sunday, December 26, 2010

Life is a Musical

Or I wish it was.
There's nothing like telling someone your feelings in a song.
The ultimate musical that everyone should know by heart is definitely "Grease".
I remember being 8 years old and singing along to "We Go Together" - and life was good.

Other musicals that have provided the theme song(s) to my childhood would be everything Julie Andrews, namely "The Sound of Music" and "Mary Poppins".
Then there's Disney's "Bedknobs and Broomsticks".

Now in my mid-twenties, I still adore musicals. Yes, I've watched all 3 High School Musicals. No shame in that.

And the main ones that have been added to my "I love Musicals" list are as follows:

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog


This is one of the most brilliant musicals I've ever seen. And heartcrushingly so. The comic relief and tragedy go together in a way that only Joss Whedon can manage.
Favourite track: "So They Say".

Scrubs 6.06 - "My Musical"


In 2007, this was the best 30 minutes of TV. Husband and I are just mad about Scrubs. Lines from the show are quoted on a regular basis in our household. And then this episode comes along. It's just wonderful.
Favourite track: "Guy Love". (You've gotta love this song. It's epic!)


A Very Potter Musical / A Very Potter Sequel

This is a divine creation, as far as I'm concerned. It's just so good that I am having a hard time listing down all the words in my thesaurus that is synonymous with "Totally Awesome".
Favourite track: AVPM - "Granger Danger" / AVPS - "Not Over Yet".

2010 isn't over yet. Get on that musical bandwagon.
It's worth it.

No comments: