Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Hijab and Me

No, the University didn't "turn" me into a hijab wearing person.
Although I'm quite grateful to be given a second chance to learn more about my religion from the University. We were not as exposed to aqidah and fiqh in school.

No, I do not sport the hijab "just because" I'm married.
Although after meeting Husband did I learn to appreciate the beauty that is wearing the hijab.

I do not appreciate the sarcastic "Ustazah" remarks you direct my way just because I like tudung labuh.
I've come to learn that hijab is not only the covering of the hair, but the shoulders and breasts as well. Therefore, I practise it.

I wear the hijab because it is my ibadah.
My responsibility.
Alhamdulillah, walaupun aku hanya satu speck of dust, I am truly grateful Allah s.w.t bagi hidayah, bukak kan hati, kasi senang transition aku dari tak bertudung ke bertudung.
Kalau Dia tak tolong, tak kan menjadi juga.

I pray Allah s.w.t. bless us all with hidayah.
InsyaAllah.

Anis

No comments: